Sunday, December 26, 2010

Renovation!

During Thanksgiving break, Austin and I (with help from family!) finally tackled our kitchen. The floor and fixtures/hardware were in serious need of updating. Our appliances were "almond"...I'm not sure they manufactured that color since, uh, 1979....? New flooring, some paint and fixtures have done wonders....As you see, I still have some minor things to finish: some trim staining, installing my new ceiling fan, etc. But here are some before and after pictures to really see the difference...


My new entrance area, was my laundry area. We pushed back the plumbing/washer/dryer an outside storage room. Now my guests don't have to walk right into my dirty laundry.....hopefully we'll figure out a door and paint color in the future =)




A coat of paint works wonders! See: new floor= happy!


See: Our widened archway adds so much room to the eating area! 
And see again: NEW FLOOR! lol


New appliances look nice, eh?
 Can you say...dishwasher!?!
This is our formal entrance/ hallway...from the 
livingroom you can now see out the front windows! Very cool!

1 comment:

Kaizen Family said...

It looks sooooo good. I can"t wait until I can see it in person.kaizen08